Sunday, April 17, 2011

21 Days of Prayer for Your Son (Obedience)

So I just came across a blog that had this really neat idea. They actually started April 1, so I am almost completely missing it, but I thought I would do this for my boys starting tomorrow. The idea is based on a blogger's e-book, Warrior Prayers.

The idea is to pray for your son(s) everyday, at least 10 times a day, in the areas of life that they need it most. You are actually supposed to buy her book to follow along, but we are on a tight budget, and I have already bought a new book this week that I am super excited to read (that will be a whole other post) Anyway, I am going to just read her posts, what the specific area of my boys life I am praying for, and just pray, without having a book tell me what to pray. Make sense?

So tomorrow, I will start praying for an obedient heart in both of my boys. Sometimes, A is so wonderfully obedient, and other days he loves to push every button I have. Boy, does he know how to push my buttons.

I will end this post with a long quote from the author's blog.

Obeying God is intimately linked to loving Him. If we focus too much on forcing our boys to change their outward behavior, and forget to hold out the great depth of love that sent a Savior to the Cross, we’re running the risk of raising little Pharisees.

Thought: As we pray for our sons to have obedient hearts today, let’s examine our own, and ask our Savior to help us live out His great love for us so that our sons will see how truly valuable it is.

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” ~John 14:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered By Blogger

This many people have come to read my stories...

Followers