Wednesday, May 18, 2011

RAISING REAL MEN MONDAY (oops, it's Wednesday)

Okay, so Monday came and went, and I totally forgot to post. So here is my thoughts on this chapter. Chapter One - Someone To Look Up To. This chapter was all about heroes. Boys always have heroes, either positive or negative. We already see this in Mr A. who loves Spiderman, Batman, and Superman, and has never actually watched a TV show or movie about any of them. According to Hal and Melanie Young, "What we admire, we tend to become." Wow, never thought about that before, even though I already knew this too be true. We need to teach our sons that Jesus is the ultimate hero. Often, the Jesus our kids hear about and see pictures of is a man who looks, well, girly. Jesus is a real man for our boys to look up to, admire, and aspire to be. After Jesus comes the dad. Big responsibility lies on the dad's shoulders. It is the dad who give the child their first glimpse of who Jesus is.
I have so much underlined in this book. I cannot say enough good things about this.
They speak about TV, and what we allow our boys to watch on TV. We don't own a TV, but we do let Andrew watch videos on YouTube. I liked how they put it, "Isn't it better for our children to live out their own adventures than to spend their lives watching other people who are pretending to have a life for the cameras? How pathetic."
Okay, I am going to keep this short, because it is almost midnight, and I need to sleep. Sorry, a delayed post and a short one....

oh...and need to add, we never got an offer on the car. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered By Blogger

This many people have come to read my stories...

Followers