Friday, May 13, 2011

My Debt Rant

I am slacking at everything lately, it seems. I haven't blogged since Monday, I haven't gotten past Day 4 on Have a Clean House in 31 days, and my laundry situation is out.of.control.

This may or may not be the result of having my hubby, the father of my children, home for 3 blissful days. I love his days off- they are like a breath of fresh air.

We actually went on another date on Wednesday. I know, 3rd date this year. Crazy! Haha. We went for coffee, our favorite date activity and donairs. I love donairs. so much. On Thursday, we spent the day with our good friends, celebrating his birthday.

Gabe is trying to sell his old car. He has a 1969 Cougar that was his baby, but he decided (with absolutely no pushing from me) that he is going to sell this car. We had a young guy come look at it tonight, and we are really hoping it sells. This will bring us so much freedom.

Gabe and I have been working on paying off all of our debt for a year now, and to date, we have paid of $37000. Dang. That doesn't even include the extra money we have been putting on our mortgage. It hasn't been easy, but it is so much fun seeing your debt load eliminated. We've sold stuff, cut back our spending drastically, and pretty much had no life. We both know this is for a season. This is what we both feel God has been calling us to do.

I digress.

If Gabe sells his car for the price he is asking, we will have $3000 of debt left (besides the mortgage) Seriously, I get butterflies is my stomach when I think about it. When we debt free except for the house, Gabe will be switching back to a week on, week off schedule.

(cue angels singing "hallelujah!)

It will be so nice to have my hubby home. This does not, however, end our thrifty lifestyle. We will then be creating our fully funded emergency fund and then paying off our mortgage.

Thank you, Dave Ramsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered By Blogger

This many people have come to read my stories...

Followers